How we work
A key goal of our Foundation is to highlight the global issue of food insecurity, and the challenge facing humanity to double global food production in a sustainable way.
And because we believe that smallholder farmers have a key role to play in addressing food insecurity, we work to help them improve their production and prepare for the future in a sustainable way.
To achieve this, we select projects that favor the use of simple but effective techniques with the potential to have a positive impact on both local farming communities and the environment.
Each initiative selected by the Foundation must respond to several key criteria:
- An accurate understanding of beneficiaries' real needs
- Support for the principle of food security
- Innovative techniques that ensure a sustainable approach
- Additional environmental, social and/or health benefits
- Efficiency in project monitoring and in the provision of deliverables
- Cost transparency and limited non-operational fees
In particular, we aim to:
- Facilitate change by bringing simple and sustainable technical solutions to smallholders
- Reduce poverty by helping vulnerable farming communities to increase and diversify their income sources
- Preserve ecosystems and ensure environmental sustainability through agroecology
- Act now and for the future through education for self-sufficiency
- Target positive effects for entire communities, by empowering women and encouraging gender equity
We strongly believe that the combined social, environmental and economic benefits that our projects aim to produce.